About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents the rapid growth and changes happening in Townsville. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Townsville's past, present and future through the camera lens.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website,Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Former Townsville Transit Centre

For every new development or proposed development in Townsville there are buildings that stand abandoned. This blog documents Townsville as a city in change, and part of that change is highlighting the forgotten parts of the city, that stand as symbols of a bygone era. The former Townsville bus terminal dates from the latter part of the 20th century, yet its lifespan was so short lived.  It makes me reflect on how short a building's lifespan can be,  when in just a matter of decades a building such as this lay abandoned. What will become of new buildings built today in another 30 years time?

Stay tuned for more abandoned photographs of buildings and sites of Townsville I have been documenting as part of the Townsville project.


No comments:

Post a Comment