About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents the rapid growth and changes happening in Townsville. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Townsville's past, present and future through the camera lens.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website,Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Townsville: An Alleyway + Hairdresser

This is one of several small alleyways in Townsville city, most have a sense of emptiness or have closed down with empty shops and little pedestrian foot traffic.  These alleyways remind me of places in cities like Melbourne that are bustling with a variety of shops and cafes. Such spaces suit the tropical environment of Townsville, shade from the heat and a quick way to get from one street to another.  I really liked the sense of emptiness here for photography, with the hairdresser signage being the dominant feature in this alleyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment