About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents the rapid growth and changes happening in Townsville. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Townsville's past, present and future through the camera lens.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website,Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ross Creek Esplanade & City @ dusk


I took this shot after attempting to take some city shots that were not quite working out as planned.  As the sun was setting fast I thought I would take a few shots looking over the Ross Creek that allows wonderful views of the city. I took this shot in mid winter, I really enjoyed the pink hues that reflected into the water.  The highrise to the far right is locally known as the "sugar shaker" and was built in the 1970s, as was the building directly to the left of it.  It was originally designed as a car park, but was recently converted into apartments.  Castle Hill stands in the background, whilst the yellow crane is in the process of constructing a new office tower block called The Verde.  The apartments on the left have all been built in recent years.

Check out photos from the project  "Townsville: City in change" here, check back as I am updating the page on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment