About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents the rapid growth and changes happening in Townsville. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Townsville's past, present and future through the camera lens.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website,Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stanley Street Bus Interchange + The Verde Development

I took this photograph of the main city bus interchange in Stanley Street.  The interchange used to be in Stokes Street, before the redevelopment of the Townsville Flinders Street mall.  Townsville cities skyline has been changing dramatically over the recent years, and the crane standing behind the police station is the new Government office building being erected, names the Verde. Whilst buildings go up in Townsville, the urban sprawl and empty feeling of the city still remain, this is what I attempt to capture in many of my photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment